Darrell Derk won an additional award for “Businessman of the year”
Derks Formals and Menswear won the award for formalwear/menswear and their on going commitment to quality, service, and excellence.
This is our 10th Consumer Choice Award in a row.
The Derks Family would like to thank their hard working team as there is no greater compliment than winning an award that commends our staffs achievments in business excellence and customer service.
What a great way to start off our weekend at Derks Fine Group of Companies. Darrell Derk was announced today as the recipient of this year’s Consumer Choice Award’s Businessman of the Year in Edmonton. Congratulations Darrell!
Everyone says you should shop at their store because of this reason or that reason; so how is Derks Formals & Menswear different? Check this out!
1. Derks has the largest selection of tuxedo styles and accessories in Western Canada. Choose from over 35 different up to date tuxedos and suits and over 80 vest options. Your possibilities are endless!
2. Professionally trained staff that care about your special day. Providing expert advice on styles, colors and details specific to your wedding needs.
3. A family owned Canadian company dressing men since 1939.
4. Derks offers high quality, new rental stock and latest styles for all your formalwear.
5. Final Fitting Appointments to guarantee your tux or suit fits you before you leave our stores. You know you are leaving with a great tux that fits like you own it!
6. Emergency Van Service: We honor our commitment to excellent customer service and will help you on location if you have a problem with your rental. *
7. Our warehouse is located in Alberta for fast, convenient service.
8. Try on Service Available at all Locations: Try your selections on to make sure it looks just how you want it to on your big day! **
9. Same day service available in Edmonton and Calgary.
10. On-site tailoring at each location so any rental alterations can be made while you wait.
11. Always striving to be a leader in the formalwear and menswear industry so you can trust us to be your best option for your formalwear
12. Derks uses a new state of the art dry-cleaning machine. Derks makes sure that every tux gets cleaned and the environment stays clean too!*Some restrictions apply, ask store associate for more information ** Some stores may have to order in your try on selections
What more can we say! With three locations in Edmonon and two in Calgary and over 150 wholesale agents throughout Western Canada, Derks has you covered. We know you want to celebrate your big day with your family & friends. We just want to make sure you look your best while you do!
Thanksgiving … you’re the newlyweds and newly elected by your new family to do the next holiday dinner. You can still sail into preparing a family feast with ease if you organize your menu and ingredients beforehand.
With both members of your family working, you need to keep this meal as effortless as possible but still come up with a traditional family fare in a polished and simple manner. Not as hard as it looks! With a little effort and organization, you’ll pull this off and impress both your new and your existing family.
Let’s Talk Turkey Tips
• Make sure your turkey is fresh, or if it is frozen, completely defrosted
• Remove neck and organs from inside the turkey
• Wash the turkey in cold water
• Put olive oil in bottom of turkey pan
• Put turkey in pan (check before to make sure your turkey fits in your pan)
• Stuff the turkey
• Baste the turkey with melted butter. (Baste hourly)
• Put salt, pepper, and a small amount of granulated garlic on the turkey
• Cook your turkey 15 minutes per pound at 350 F
• A roaster with a lid is your best bet to cook turkey in
Fast fixing tip: For convenience, cook the bacon, onion and celery mixture for the stuffing, perogies and brussel sprouts in one frying pan to save on time and clean-up.
• 4 slices diced bacon
• 2 cups diced onion
• 1 cup diced celery
• 10-12 slices bread (cubed)
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
• 1 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 1/2 tsp. Pepper
– Fry bacon, onions, and celery until golden in olive oil-Add bread, eggs,
butter, and poultry seasoning
– Mix well
– Add salt and pepper to taste
• For convenience, use frozen brussel sprouts as they are cut
• Boil the brussel sprouts
• Add 1 cup (bacon, celery, and onion mixture)
Perogies in Golden Cheddar Mushroom Sauce
• 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
• 2 cans golden mushroom soup
• 2 cans chicken broth
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1 cup (bacon, celery, onion mixture)
• 2 pkg. Perogies
• salt, pepper to taste
– Put into a Dutch Oven or large covered casserole dish, add all
ingredients but perogies and mix well
– Make sure perogies are covered by liquid-Bake at 325 F for 3 hours
Gravy Mushroom Gravy
• Use the drippings left in the roasting pan after removing the turkey
• Add 2 cups sliced button mushrooms (fresh or frozen)
• Cook until mushrooms are cooked
• In a bowl, mix 1 cup cold water and 2 tbsp flour. Make sure there are no
• Add to mixture, cook 5 minutes on medium heat
• Add salt and pepper to taste
2 weeks before:
• Order a fresh turkey
• Make a shopping list
• Order flowers
1 week before:
• Make and freeze your dessert (or ask one of your relatives to bring
1 day before:
• Shop for your groceries
• Set the table and decide what serving platters you will use
• Dice the onions and celery and put into Ziplock bags
5 hours before:
• Fry onions, celery and bacon
• Preheat the oven
• Make the dressing for turkey
• Stuff the turkey
4 hours before:
• Put the turkey in the oven
• Put together appetizers
3 hours before:
• Peel the potatoes, put into a pot with cold water and some salt
• Baste the turkey
• Put the perogies on to cook
2 hours before:
• Make the salad and dressing
• Turn on the potatoes
• Baste the turkey
1 hour before:
• Put out the appetizer tray
• Baste the turkey – if it is not brown enough, take the lid off and if it too
brown, cover it with foil
45 minutes before:
• Cook the brussel sprouts
• Cook the corn
30 minutes before:
• Take the turkey out and put it on a platter
• Make the gravy