Everyone says you should shop at their store because of this reason or that reason; so how is Derks Formals & Menswear different? Check this out!
1. Derks has the largest selection of tuxedo styles and accessories in Western Canada. Choose from over 35 different up to date tuxedos and suits and over 80 vest options. Your possibilities are endless!
2. Professionally trained staff that care about your special day. Providing expert advice on styles, colors and details specific to your wedding needs.
3. A family owned Canadian company dressing men since 1939.
4. Derks offers high quality, new rental stock and latest styles for all your formalwear.
5. Final Fitting Appointments to guarantee your tux or suit fits you before you leave our stores. You know you are leaving with a great tux that fits like you own it!
6. Emergency Van Service: We honor our commitment to excellent customer service and will help you on location if you have a problem with your rental. *
7. Our warehouse is located in Alberta for fast, convenient service.
8. Try on Service Available at all Locations: Try your selections on to make sure it looks just how you want it to on your big day! **
9. Same day service available in Edmonton and Calgary.
10. On-site tailoring at each location so any rental alterations can be made while you wait.
11. Always striving to be a leader in the formalwear and menswear industry so you can trust us to be your best option for your formalwear
12. Derks uses a new state of the art dry-cleaning machine. Derks makes sure that every tux gets cleaned and the environment stays clean too!*Some restrictions apply, ask store associate for more information ** Some stores may have to order in your try on selections
What more can we say! With three locations in Edmonon and two in Calgary and over 150 wholesale agents throughout Western Canada, Derks has you covered. We know you want to celebrate your big day with your family & friends. We just want to make sure you look your best while you do!
Tuxedo Trends for 2011 are all about comfort and style. High end fabrics offer a more contemporary look. Gone are the days where grooms have to wear heavy industrial wool tuxedos. Now companies like Derks Formals are providing their customers with materials of high quality; similar to what you would find in a retail tuxedo. The cut of the tuxedo is just as important as the cloth. The most popular choice of wedding parties this season is the basic two-button jacket with a notch lapel. If you are looking to step outside the box a peak lapel is a trendy choice, and a shawl lapel offers smooth clean lines.
In terms of color trends, black is back as the classic black and white duo is making a comeback. So if you don’t want to stress too much about having to match and coordinate colors, more and more couples are often looking for that more sophisticated and mysterious “James Bond” appeal. The end result is a classic look that will look great in pictures for years to come.
However, if you are looking for that pop of color; purple, royal blue, brighter greens and light pinks are what many of the bride and grooms are looking for this year. Jewel tones are all the rage! Many couples are often inspired by colors found in nature such as peacock blues, mossy greens or amethyst purples.
Whatever style you end up choosing, always remember to draw from your personal inspirations, such as themes or colors that you both love so that you will be pleased by the look for years to come!
When looking for that seamless looking suit or tuxedo, you should always look at the reputation and quality of your options. Get referrals from friends and family. You don’t want to compromise on quality or service. Keep in mind that you want to find a retailer that carries current styles. The last thing you want is a tuxedo that looks like it’s from five years ago! Ask your tuxedo retailer these questions:
- Is stock replaced on a regular basis?
- How many times is a garment cleaned, and what methods are used?
- Is there a full-time, on-site tailor?
Here are some additional tips and other important things to consider when finally going out to get your perfectly fitting tux . . .
1. Why be measured by a formalwear specialist?
It’s essential in ensuring you get a properly fitting tuxedo. Properly fitted formalwear is a must for comfort and look. Ask for a trained, knowledgeable fitter.
2. When is the best time to book our formalwear?
You should book your formalwear as early as possible, especially if you’re looking to rent during May through September. The summer is the most popular time for weddings. Booking early will ensure that you get the style you desire. Four to six months in advance is suggested.
3. Does everyone need to be there when we book?
No. It may be easier to come in alone, or just with your fiancé, when making your decisions. Once the styles are chosen, your consultant will enter them into the computer system. The rest of your party can then come in at a time that works best for them, but make sure they are prompt.
4. When is payment is required?
Payment is usually required at the time of booking, but make sure to check with your formalwear provider.
5. What should I do in the event there is a problem with my formalwear on my special day?
Check with your formalwear provider to see what their policy is. On Saturdays, Derks has an extra person on staff to assist you, should a problem arise, and Derks can even send someone out to you. Should something be forgotten, or if something needs fixing, call our emergency service department and we’ll do what it takes to make it right.
6. When do we return our formalwear?
To avoid late fees, all garments must be returned as soon as possible. Your formalwear specialist should cover all of this information with you, including when the tux should be back, as well as late fees, and the hours your location is open for returns.
Derks Formals is honoured that their Calgary stores have been given the Consumers’ Choice Award for Excellence in Formal Wear.
Winners of the award are determined by consumers, and it is considered a seal of excellence in the categories of: quality, value, service and appearance.
The team at Derks would like to thank its customers for recognizing our efforts to provide outstanding customer service and quality formalwear for all your special occasions.
Thank you for your continued support, trust and loyalty.
Congratulations to Kyle and Patricia (in top picture), Derks’ Calgary store managers!